BROCCOLI PASTA SALAD – AnneMarie
- 1 box Rotini Pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise (light or regular)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups chopped, raw broccoli (about 1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup crumbled, cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup diced red onion or sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water until completely cooled; drain again. Place in large bowl.
2. Meanwhile, for dressing, in small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar; set aside.
3. Add broccoli, cheese, sunflower seeds, bacon and onion to pasta. Toss to combine. Add dressing; toss until coated. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, at least 1 hour. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
Serves about 6