JALAPEÑO JELLY – AnneMarie
-2 cups chopped green or red or yellow or combination of some or all (about three peppers). I use 2 green and then a red. I also put my peppers in the food processer, I don’t like them so chunky.
-1/3 chopped jalapeños (about 4-6 green or red or both) I use both, and actually use more towards 6-7 depending on the size.
-5 1/2 cups sugar
-1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
-1 cup brown sugar
-2 Tbs fresh lime juice or any lime juice
-2 (3 oz) packages liquid pectin. Don’t use the sure jell powered, it goes kinda runny.
1. Combine ingredients, except pectin in a large saucepan.
2. Bring to boil over high heat, and boil vigorously for 1 minute.
3. Stir in the pectin.
4. Bring back to boil for 1 minute.
5. Spoon into jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
6. Process for 10 minutes. Leave alone for a few hours. Set some aside in the fridge, wait for it to cool and enjoy!
Makes about 7 half pints.