(Almost Good, Almost Nasty) Healthy Oatmeal Banana Cookies – Chelsea
Great snack for Rosie and I. She hasn’t realized they are healthy yet! You may or may not think these are yummy, but they make a decent sugar fix for the desperate dieter.
· 3 ripe bananas
· 2 cups oats
· 1/2 cup skim milk
· 1 egg
· 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (I use 3 tbs real sugar)
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 tablespoon low-fat peanut butter (optional)
· 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
· 1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
· Thin vanilla icing (powdered sugar, milk, vanilla)
1. Preheat the oven to 300°.
2. Mash the bananas and mix with the oats, milk and egg before adding the remaining ingredients (it just mixes a bit easier and more evenly this way). If it looks a bit runny to you at this point, throw in another handful of oats to thicken it up.
3. Grease a cookie tray and spoon the mixture on to make around 9 large cookies.
4. Bake for around 15 minutes until golden brown.
5. I drizzle vanilla icing over cookies to make them more edible.